The hopes of a top-ten finish for Sam Lowes did not last long, with the Briton who was already in a difficult position after a difficult qualifying performance in Austria (he lined up on the grid in 24thplace). Even with a good race pace on his cards, the standard bearer of Team Federal Oil Gresini Moto2had a coming together with a rival at turn four after a few laps while he was running in 14thplace.
Back at the very bottom of the field, it was impossible for the former World Supersport Champion to improve his position, meaning that 24thended up being his final result for the #AustrianGP – to wrap up subpar weekend for the Englishman.
Team Federal Oil Gresini Moto2 will be back at work tomorrow with the Moto2 official tests: the goal is to improve the front-end feeling and to prepare the British Grand Prix at Silverstone – which take place in two week’s time – the best possible way.
24th – SAM LOWES #22
“Disappointing race. I had a good start and while I was battling in the big pack somebody hit me from behind and pushed me wide. I can’t even say who he was, but surely this incident had a big impact on my race. We were a bit unlucky, but when you start so far back… My pace was not so bad, we could have fought for the top-ten. We’re staying here tomorrow and we’ll be working hard to prepare for my home GP, because we need to improve the front-end feeling.”
- Big changes made to MotoGP™ testing schedule
- Will Marquez be unleashed at Motegi?
- Four to go: Fernandez starts his final stand on Marquez turf
- Can Canet start climbing another mountain at Motegi?
- Moto3™ title to be decided in Valencia
- KTM’s female excellence: making the difference in MotoGP™
- Brazil and MotoGP™: a rekindled relationship
- F1’s Gasly on "amazing" Thai GP experience
- "We've been waiting for this!" - Brazil's stars on 2022 GP
- MotoGP™ returns to Rio de Janeiro from 2022