Team Federal Oil Gresini Moto2 has wrapped up qualifying in an unusually-hot and sunny day at Silverstone, with smiles and fresh confidence.
After finishing yesterday’s free practice in fifthplace , the former World Supersport Champion worked hard in the morning to improve the bike mainly for the race as he logged an excellent 2’05.9secs lap-time which gave him the sixth position in the combined times. The Briton matched the same time in Q2, which didn’t allow him to finish any higher than ninth.
Nothing is losthowever, as with a great race pace and the support of the home crowd, the Briton is looking forward to trying and score his maiden podium of the season, with the #BritishGP Moto2 race that will get underway at 14:30 local time (GMT+1).
“We were unable to put together the perfect lap, as I think we should have been on row two with a slightly better time. But we’re in the game and surely we’re in the condition to fight for the top-five if not for the podium. It’s a very good feeling after the last difficult races so tomorrow, after the good work done so far, we’ll give it all to get a good result. We still lack a little bit of feeling, but we have a few hours to work on it and be ready for tomorrow.”
- Global Series Round 2: sustaining speed at Sepang
- Rigorous tyre test awaits at MotorLand Aragon
- Time schedule: changes to the GP Michelin® de Aragon
- Engines ON for Aragon!
- Marquez vs Fernandez: is this the duel for the crown?
- Is Dalla Porta now in the Moto3™ driving seat?
- On your marks! Round 2 of the 2019 Global Series is here!
- Changes to Moto2™ and Moto3™ regulations announced
- Johann Zarco replaced by Mika Kallio for rest of 2019 season
- Kaito Toba joins Red Bull KTM Ajo for the 2020 Moto3™ season