Team Federal Oil Gresini Moto2 has wrapped up qualifying in an unusually-hot and sunny day at Silverstone, with smiles and fresh confidence.
After finishing yesterday’s free practice in fifthplace , the former World Supersport Champion worked hard in the morning to improve the bike mainly for the race as he logged an excellent 2’05.9secs lap-time which gave him the sixth position in the combined times. The Briton matched the same time in Q2, which didn’t allow him to finish any higher than ninth.
Nothing is losthowever, as with a great race pace and the support of the home crowd, the Briton is looking forward to trying and score his maiden podium of the season, with the #BritishGP Moto2 race that will get underway at 14:30 local time (GMT+1).
“We were unable to put together the perfect lap, as I think we should have been on row two with a slightly better time. But we’re in the game and surely we’re in the condition to fight for the top-five if not for the podium. It’s a very good feeling after the last difficult races so tomorrow, after the good work done so far, we’ll give it all to get a good result. We still lack a little bit of feeling, but we have a few hours to work on it and be ready for tomorrow.”
- Best photos: Marc and Alex Marquez
- Alex Marquez in numbers
- Nick Harris: blood brothers
- Alex Marquez announced at Repsol Honda for 2020
- #2020: Marquez set to equal Rossi?
- Best photos: Motul Valencia GP
- #2020awaits: Valencia Test next on the billing
- Matteo Ferrari: the profile of a history maker
- Ferrari crowned inaugural MotoE™ World Cup winner
- Binder makes it a hat-trick to sign off from Moto2™ in style