Yesterday’s qualifying (he was night), a good race pace and a promising third position in the morning’s warm-up kind of made Lowes thinking he had a chance to battle for the front positions; things did not go his way, however, with the former World Supersport
Another DNF has been added to the already challenging season of the Federal Oil Gresini Moto2 Team, with Sam Lowes crashing out in the final moments of the British Grand Prix at Silverstone while he was battling for a spot in the top-15. This is the sixth time this year that the English rider is unable to make it to the finish line, with his points total in the standings stuck at 38.championunablt to get up to speed as his race drew to a close at turn 13.
There is now a two weeks’ break which will be useful to train hard and prepare for what is likely to be the most important race of the season for team Federal Oil Gresini Moto2 – beginning at Misano from September 13th.
“The first few laps were more complicated than I thought and just had to battle with the guys in the group. I made a mistake while trying to pass Vierge into turn 11 and ran off track. I lost a lot of time and focus and found myself behind the group in 14th position but I passed Shroetter and was coming back strong. This was my home race so I pushed until the end: I passed Pasini on the second-to-last lap and again on the last lap I was trying to cut half a second to Vierge and pass him. I’m very disappointed obviously because I didn’t finish the race, but I really appreciated all the support from the home fans this weekend.”
- Ducati Team unveil 2020 bikes
- Photo gallery: Ducati Team 2020 launch
- Pawi: "It was a long recovery, but now the feeling is good"
- 2020 MotoGP™ calendar officially confirmed
- Arbolino: "I’m ready for any condition and challenge"
- What does 2020 hold for the manufacturers? Part 5: KTM
- Is 2020 MV Agusta’s time to shine again?
- What does 2020 hold for the manufacturers? Part 4: Suzuki
- Watch Ducati Team’s 2020 presentation LIVE!
- Belgian Motorcycle Academy joins the Road to MotoGP™