PETRONAS Sprinta Racing Moto3 rider John McPhee placed seventh at his home race at Silverstone today.
John ended the race with mixed emotions after a small mistake on the penultimate lap just cost him the chance to battle for victory at his home race. Taking a gamble with his tyre choice and going for the softer rear option, he out-braked himself slightly while defending his position and was left unable to close down the leaders again. Taking seventh, right behind his team-mate, he’s nonetheless leaving Silverstone happy with his performance and looking forward to the next round of the championship.
The next event of the 2019 Moto3 championship gets underway at the Misano World Circuit Marco Simoncelli on September 13th, with race day at the San Marino Grand Prix on Sunday September 15th.
“It was a typical Moto3 battle. I did everything I needed to do in the early laps because I was on a soft rear tyre and most of the guys around me were on the hard, and I tried hard to manage it. In the final laps, some of them were able to break a lot harder than me and I was trying to be defensive and out-braked myself. It was totally my mistake and I just couldn’t get back into the leading group afterwards. The team have worked fantastically this weekend, the bike has been perfect, and it’s just a shame we didn’t get a better result in the end. It’s another race where we’ve been in the fight for the win though, and we’re learning every time we get on the bike.”
- Red Bull Ring receives Best Grand Prix trophy in Kitzbühel
- What does 2020 hold for the manufacturers? Part 6: Aprilia
- Ducati Team unveil 2020 bikes
- Photo gallery: Ducati Team 2020 launch
- Pawi: "It was a long recovery, but now the feeling is good"
- 2020 MotoGP™ calendar officially confirmed
- Arbolino: "I’m ready for any condition and challenge"
- What does 2020 hold for the manufacturers? Part 5: KTM
- Is 2020 MV Agusta’s time to shine again?
- What does 2020 hold for the manufacturers? Part 4: Suzuki