Cal Crutchlow missed out on the points at the San Marino Grand Prix as he crashed out four laps from the finish at Misano. The LCR Honda CASTROL rider – who sported the oil manufacturer’s famous red, white and green colours in Sunday’s race – was battling for a top 10 position when he slid out late on.
Starting from the fifth row of the grid, the Briton was unable to make the progress through the field he wanted as he again struggled for feeling with the bike. He had battled up to 11th position as the race approached its climax, but Cal then fell at turn eight on lap 23 to cap a tough weekend for rider and team.
Cal Crutchlow – DNF
“To crash out of a bad position way too far off the lead is never good. I didn’t have a good feeling (with the bike) in the test and didn’t have a good feeling all weekend here and that’s the reality of the situation. I didn’t think I would crash at that corner or in the race at all, I felt I could manage it until the end of the race so it was a bit of a shock to crash, even though I was going slow. In general, I just didn’t feel good with the bike this weekend and we need to improve for Aragon.”
- Big changes made to MotoGP™ testing schedule
- Will Marquez be unleashed at Motegi?
- Four to go: Fernandez starts his final stand on Marquez turf
- Can Canet start climbing another mountain at Motegi?
- Moto3™ title to be decided in Valencia
- KTM’s female excellence: making the difference in MotoGP™
- Brazil and MotoGP™: a rekindled relationship
- F1’s Gasly on "amazing" Thai GP experience
- "We've been waiting for this!" - Brazil's stars on 2022 GP
- MotoGP™ returns to Rio de Janeiro from 2022