Fabio di Giannantonio came within two corners of winning his home Moto2 race at the first attempt, having started from pole position and battling throughout with Augusto Fernández. The Italian led 24 of the 25 laps, missing out only on the crucial last one after an overtake in the penultimate corner that was review by Race Direction. Behind them Álex Márquez salvaged his weekend with third place ahead of three title rivals, meaning he now leads by 26 points from Fernández, 38 from Luthi and 42 from Navarro.
The Gaviota Ángel Nieto Team came close to meeting their objectives for the Grand Prix of San Marino with both Jake Dixon and Xavi Cardelús. The British rider finished 20th at Misano, after a tough race battling with a rival of the quality of Iker Lecuona. Dixon suffered from rear grip issues that made his job even harder.
20th Jake Dixon:
“It hasn’t been an easy weekend because I have had to learn a new track and there was hardly any rear grip. I think it affected me more than others, from what I could see when I was behind them. I fought with a top rider in Lecuona, who is sometimes fighting for podiums, and I managed to finish ahead of him so that tells you the story of this race.”
- Photo gallery: 2020 MotoGP™ Qatar Test
- Qatar Test race simulations: who impressed?
- This is MotoGP™: a permanent revolution
- Rossi: "I feel good with the bike"
- Qatar Test confirms 2020 is set to be ultra competitive
- Viñales heads Yamaha top three lockout in Qatar
- All you need to know about the 2020 Pro Draft Selection
- Viñales leads Quartararo halfway through Day 3
- Marc Marquez: "I’m struggling more here"
- Zarco "riding better every time" on board the Ducati