As the penultimate event before the overseas rounds, the Misano circuit hosted the thirteenth Grand Prix of the 2019 season this weekend. With ideal conditions, the first three free practice sessions went well for the CIP-GREEN POWER team duo.
Tom Booth-Amos, who made steady progress throughout the three days, qualified in 29th position. But while he was 19th on the third lap, the Brit crashed. Tom Booth-Amos, who has been hit in the ankle, will carry out additional medical exams within the week.
The two CIP-GREEN POWER riders are now focusing on the next scheduled round at the MotorLand Aragon this weekend with the strong intention of taking their revenge.
Tom Booth-Amos (DNF):
“The weekend obviously didn’t end as we had hoped. I broke a bone in my ankle and on Tuesday I will head to Barcelona to see Dr Mir. I hope that an intervention will not be necessary and that I will be able to race as early as this weekend in Aragon. Overall, the pace of the weekend was quite good. It’s a shame it ended like that, but we’ll come back stronger.”
- Battle ready: Suzuki secure 1-2 on opening day in Qatar
- Photo gallery: Qatar Test Day 1
- Midday: Dovizioso currently P1 as Qatar Test begins
- Moto2™, Moto3™ Official Jerez Test photo gallery
- Ogura, McPhee and Rodrigo set 1:44s at Jerez Test
- Lap record sees Lüthi end Jerez Test at the summit
- Photo gallery: Aprilia's 2020 launch
- Espargaro, Iannone and Smith unveil 2020 Aprilia colours
- Last call for preseason: the Qatar Test lights up Losail
- Bezzecchi beats rookie Canet to Day 2 top spot