As the penultimate event before the overseas rounds, the Misano circuit hosted the thirteenth Grand Prix of the 2019 season this weekend. With ideal conditions, the first three free practice sessions went well for the CIP-GREEN POWER team duo.
Tom Booth-Amos, who made steady progress throughout the three days, qualified in 29th position. But while he was 19th on the third lap, the Brit crashed. Tom Booth-Amos, who has been hit in the ankle, will carry out additional medical exams within the week.
The two CIP-GREEN POWER riders are now focusing on the next scheduled round at the MotorLand Aragon this weekend with the strong intention of taking their revenge.
Tom Booth-Amos (DNF):
“The weekend obviously didn’t end as we had hoped. I broke a bone in my ankle and on Tuesday I will head to Barcelona to see Dr Mir. I hope that an intervention will not be necessary and that I will be able to race as early as this weekend in Aragon. Overall, the pace of the weekend was quite good. It’s a shame it ended like that, but we’ll come back stronger.”
- Big changes made to MotoGP™ testing schedule
- Will Marquez be unleashed at Motegi?
- Four to go: Fernandez starts his final stand on Marquez turf
- Can Canet start climbing another mountain at Motegi?
- Moto3™ title to be decided in Valencia
- KTM’s female excellence: making the difference in MotoGP™
- Brazil and MotoGP™: a rekindled relationship
- F1’s Gasly on "amazing" Thai GP experience
- "We've been waiting for this!" - Brazil's stars on 2022 GP
- MotoGP™ returns to Rio de Janeiro from 2022