One week after the fifth place finish at Misano, Sam Lowes goes for a repeat result at Aragon by crossing the line in fifth place for what is a crucial result ahead of the final leg of the season.
Fromninth place on the grid, the experienced Englishman did well in maintaining his position and riding at his own pace. The crash by Fernández first and then the nice overtake on Vierge brought the standard bearer of Team Federal Oil Gresini Moto2 Team up to sixthplace, but after only seven laps the front runners had already pulled away.
There was still time, however, to catch Luthi and to finish just behind Marini and his fourth place. This is still a very positive result that puts Lowes in a good place ahead of the long Asian trip – which on paper looks very interesting.
“The real issue was qualifying. 6hwt mistake cost me at least 3-4 positions and if I started closer to the front of the grid the podium would have been within reach. We finally take home a pie of very positive results and we must build something upon them. The base set up of the bike is good and we must work well in the next races as the podium must not be a mirage. I want to finish the season on a high note and together we can do it.”
- Italian and Catalan Grand Prix postponed
- Speedweek and Northern Talent Cup Round 1 cancelled
- Stay At Home GP 2: where to watch
- Who was the fastest in Pro Draft Challenge 3?
- Lüthi: a David and Goliath story
- Puig talks all-Marquez Repsol Honda dynamic in 2020
- Greatest Grand Prix battles remembered: Estoril 2006
- Online Challenge #3: How to conquer Circuit of the Americas
- Marc Marquez in conversation with NBA star Pau Gasol
- Watch the master: AndrewZH conquers COTA