For the first time in its history, the Circuit de Barcelona-Catalunya will host a round of the MOTUL FIM Superbike World Championship. The agreement between the Circuit, Dorna WorldSBK Organization and the Gemocat event manager will make the Catalunya Round of WorldSBK one of the biggest events to be on the 2020 calendar and is set to be held from the 18th – 20th September.
Joan Fontserè, General Director of the Circuit of Barcelona-Catalunya has expressed his appreciation of the new event, saying: “With the inclusion of WorldSBK at the circuit, in addition to making history, the missing piece fits into our calendar of events, which will in-turn make for an exceptional 2020 season. We are very happy to be able to host the Catalunya Round of WorldSBK and we are sure that the fans will turn to this event and make this first addition a resounding success”.
Ricard Cardús, spokesman for Gemocat, added: “We are very excited about bringing the Superbike World Championship show to Catalonia for the first time. We want the weekend from September 18th to 20th to be a real party for the fan and we will organize events and activities around the event; there will be a limit of 30,000 tickets in order to offer an exclusive experience to the public. We hope that the Catalunya Round of WorldSBK will become a classic on the fans’ agenda.”
Gregorio Lavilla, WorldSBK Executive director – Sporting & Organization depts: “The new addition to the 2020 WorldSBK calendar is warmly welcomed and expected in great anticipation. The circuit has seen many memorable races in various motorsport disciplines and WorldSBK cannot wait to join the list. With such a rich heritage in motorcycle racing in Spain and the region, the Catalunya WorldSBK Round promises to be a great success for all parties involved.”
- Italian and Catalan Grand Prix postponed
- Speedweek and Northern Talent Cup Round 1 cancelled
- Stay At Home GP 2: where to watch
- Who was the fastest in Pro Draft Challenge 3?
- Lüthi: a David and Goliath story
- Puig talks all-Marquez Repsol Honda dynamic in 2020
- Greatest Grand Prix battles remembered: Estoril 2006
- Online Challenge #3: How to conquer Circuit of the Americas
- Marc Marquez in conversation with NBA star Pau Gasol
- Watch the master: AndrewZH conquers COTA