The Japan-Australia-Malaysia trip draws to a close with a very disappointing string or results, as Team Federal Oil Gresini Moto2is once again unlucky on Sunday. After being hit from behind after just three corners, Sam Lowes was forced to run off track; from then on, the Briton tried to put together a very difficult comeback from the very end of the field.
Few laps before the end Lowes made a mistake and hit an opponent rider from behind while on corner entry, an incident that put an end to his performance at Sepang. There is now only Valencia left to try and turn around a very difficult season on every level – and that is happening in two weeks’ time.
DNF SAM LOWES #22
“I started off strong and I was doing well, but at turn three I was pushed out of the track from behind. It wasn’t my mistake as somebody took me out, but still I got back on track last and with the handlebar not in a perfect state. I had to race like that while trying to recover positions, and then I was the one making a mistake as I hit Gardner who was ahead of me. It was a very complicated weekend.”
- Italian and Catalan Grand Prix postponed
- Speedweek and Northern Talent Cup Round 1 cancelled
- Stay At Home GP 2: where to watch
- Who was the fastest in Pro Draft Challenge 3?
- Lüthi: a David and Goliath story
- Puig talks all-Marquez Repsol Honda dynamic in 2020
- Greatest Grand Prix battles remembered: Estoril 2006
- Online Challenge #3: How to conquer Circuit of the Americas
- Marc Marquez in conversation with NBA star Pau Gasol
- Watch the master: AndrewZH conquers COTA