Jake Dixon completed his best Grand Prix of the season with a thirteenth-place finish at the Ricardo Tormo Circuit. The Inde Ángel Nieto Team rider finished twelfth in a crash-strewn race at the Dutch TT but in Cheste today he fought in the group for the 12+1 position in a race that was reduced to 15 laps. The British rider ends his rookie season with seven points and in 25th position in the championship. His team-mate Xavi Cardelús finished 30th in the final race of a learning season that has seen him compete against the best riders in the world and produce some excellent performances.
12+1 Jake Dixon:
“It was a nice way to end the season with the team. I gave it my best to get a good result today. Apart from Silverstone, I have done well at at every circuit I know – I was twelfth at Assen and thirteenth here today. I was able to fight in the group and the race was full distance I could even have made some more positions up . I want to thank Jorge Martínez “Aspar”, Gino Borsoi and everybody who has given me the opportunity to race in the World Championship, because if it wasn’t for them I wouldn’t have been able to show what I can do. This season we have grown a lot, we have overcome some tough moments and managed to finish the last few races well. It is a shame that our paths go different ways now but I would like to wish the team all the very best for next season.”
- Italian and Catalan Grand Prix postponed
- Speedweek and Northern Talent Cup Round 1 cancelled
- Stay At Home GP 2: where to watch
- Who was the fastest in Pro Draft Challenge 3?
- Lüthi: a David and Goliath story
- Puig talks all-Marquez Repsol Honda dynamic in 2020
- Greatest Grand Prix battles remembered: Estoril 2006
- Online Challenge #3: How to conquer Circuit of the Americas
- Marc Marquez in conversation with NBA star Pau Gasol
- Watch the master: AndrewZH conquers COTA